Purpose of Job
The CNC Machinist is responsible to oversee all machining operational aspects to ensure products are manufactured in a timely cost effective manner in accordance with established company procedures.
- Operate CNC Lathes / Mills and CNC Machining Centers with proficiency.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed with an understanding of geometric tolerances and dimensions.
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces.
- Load and unload parts in a safe and productive manner.
- Set-up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision machining operation i.e. drilling, milling, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments (should include calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, and indicators).
- Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks.
- Fill out all inspection of parts and adjustment of offsets to ensure Quality parts.
- Maintain cleanliness of work station.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- All required PPE while in plant.
- Work safe & ergonomically by following JH&S policies.
- Report any unsafe acts, conditions or accidents across the plant.
- Report accidents, near misses, injuries, or illnesses immediately to your supervisor.
- Inspect equipment and the workplace regularly.
- Be alert for hazards.
Knowledge, Skills and Education
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Trade school diploma or 1-3 years in trade.
- High level of detail accuracy, manual dexterity, and hand-eye co-ordination;
- Proficient at Reading text, Document use, Numeracy;
- Good Written and Oral communication, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, Significant use of memory;
- Ability to work as a team/independent;
- Ability to seek clarification on unclear drawings or job instructions and to seek help when problems arise.
- Ability to work in a safe and orderly manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written.
Responsibility and Scope
- Supervision of Others - None
- Internal Contacts - All plant departments
- External Contacts - None
- Spending Authority - None
- Decision Making Authority - Within own job
- Amount of Direction Received - General direction and instruction given