Purpose of Job
Design, engineer, prototype and manufacture custom hydraulic and pneumatic components following Hydra Dyna Technology’s standards and procedures in timely manner to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Manage assigned projects through all the design phases including Concept/Feasibility, Prototype and Production.
- Design and release custom hydraulic and pneumatic components in a timely manner to meet or exceed customer requirements. Typical components are hydraulic cylinder assemblies, rotary assemblies, manifold assemblies and accumulator assemblies.
- Conduct strength, flow, FEA and other analysis as required.
- Ensure that design activities are completed on time as outlined in timelines, design plans, or action plans.
- Input data into the Project Management database and keep it up to date. Keep project management file system documentation, and record orderly and up to date.
- Initiate and maintain the bill of material and routing in E2 – Manufacturing Resource Planning System (MRP)
- Plan and conduct product verification and validation testing and write test reports.
- Initiate and participate in the design review process.
- Design and implement manufacturing equipment, machine components, tooling, jigs, racks, gauges, checking fixtures, and error and mistake-proofing devices as required.
- Initiate and/or revise communication notes, standards, work instructions, inspection reports and other relevant documents.
- Communicate and work with all departments to ensure that new products or engineering changes are implemented properly and on time
- Interface with customers and suppliers
- Follow Hydra Dyne Policies, procedures, work instructions and help contribute to their improvement.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- All required PPE while in plant
- Work safe & ergonomically by following JH&S policies.
- Report any unsafe acts, conditions or accidents across the plant.
- Report accidents, near misses, injuries, or illnesses immediately to your supervisor.
- Inspect equipment and the workplace regularly.
- Be alert for hazards.
- Cooperate with others on matters relating to occupational safety and health.
Knowledge, Skills and Education
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in engineering technology.
- Practical working knowledge of GD & T
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Hydraulic experience would be asset.
- Project Management ability would be an asset.
Responsibility and Scope
- Supervision of Others - None
- Internal Contacts - All Plant Departments
- External Contacts - Customers and suppliers
- Spending Authority - None
- Decision Making Authority - Must be consulted with supervisor
- Amount of Direction Received - Fair amount of design input. Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects