Purpose of Job
Produces components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component
- Operate and maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing set duties as needed.
- Rotating work shifts and departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- All required PPE while in plant.
- Work safe & ergonomically by following JH&S policies.
- Report any unsafe acts, conditions or accidents across the plant.
- Report accidents, near misses, injuries, or illnesses immediately to your supervisor.
- Inspect equipment and the workplace regularly.
- Be alert for hazards.
- Cooperate with others on matters relating to occupational safety and health.
Knowledge, Skills and Education
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent or 1-3 years in Manufacturing.
- Ability to use Mechanical Inspection Tools (Tape Measure, Calipers, Micrometers and Bore Gage), Power Tools
- Good Written and Oral communication, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, Significant use of memory;
- Ability to find information and continuous learning.
- High level of detail accuracy, manual dexterity, and hand-eye co-ordination;
- Proficient at Reading text, Document use, Numeracy;
- Ability to work as a team/independent;
- Ability to work in a safe and orderly manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written.
Responsibility and Scope
- Supervision of others - Co-workers
- Internal Contacts - Production Planning, Purchasing, Supervisor, Manager
- External Contacts - None
- Spending Authority - None
- Decision Making Authority - Minimal, pertaining to direction operation
- Amount of Direction Received - Moderate