Purpose of Job
The Production Planning Associate coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to daily and weekly production schedules. Duties include production planning from Order Entry to Shipment of Order, conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates, monitoring production rates, contacting vendors and inventory control using in house developed systems.
- Receive, review & acknowledge customer purchase orders communicating any price discrepancies or delivery issues.
- Prepare shop work orders & plan work flow to meet customer deadlines.
- Communicate changes of production plans internally or external to customers/vendors.
- Manage component inventory levels using proven in-house systems/solutions.
- Review subcontractor performance & pricing to ensure fair practice, timely delivery & quality product.
- Review & maintain routers and bills of material to ensure accuracy to engineered drawings & production procedures.
- Identify & evaluate components with consistent issues & offer suggestions for improvement
- Keep updated records.
- Attend events, fairs and exhibitions to keep abreast of the market’s trends.
- Spot audit/control inventory levels & accuracy.
- May be asked to perform other duties as required.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- All required PPE while in plant.
- Work safe & ergonomically by following JH&S policies.
- Report any unsafe acts, conditions or accidents across the plant.
- Report accidents, near misses, injuries, or illnesses immediately to your supervisor.
- Inspect equipment and the workplace regularly.
- Be alert for hazards.
- Cooperate with others on matters relating to occupational safety and health.
Knowledge, Skills and Education
- Post-secondary education in manufacturing sector an asset.
- Manufacturing environment experience an asset.
- Ability to multitask, self-starter, independent worker/decision maker.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong learning desire & aptitude.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment with strict deadlines.
Responsibility and Scope
- Supervisor of others - None
- Internal Contacts - Work closely with other Production Planning Associates & Shop floor production personnel
- External Contacts - Customers & Vendors
- Spending Authority - None
- Decision Making Authority - Within own role
- Amount of Direction Received - Moderate