Purpose of Job
The Saw Operator is responsible for moving items in, through and out of the warehouse in a safe and clean manner and producing quality tubes in accordance with work order specification and properly caring for equipment.
- Safely operate and adjust machinery and equipment for full utilization
- Accurately process material to minimize waste and drops
- Accurately locate and identify stock
- Properly identify and process paperwork necessary for material handling
- Properly tag, band and package material for shipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform Warehouse functions when needed and when processing work is not available.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- All required PPE while in plant.
- Work safe & ergonomically by following JH&S policies.
- Report any unsafe acts, conditions or accidents across the plant.
- Report accidents, near misses, injuries, or illnesses immediately to your supervisor.
- Inspect equipment and the workplace regularly.
- Be alert for hazards.
- Cooperate with others on matters relating to occupational safety and health
Knowledge, Skills and Education
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- High level of detail accuracy, manual dexterity, and hand-eye co-ordination.
- Proficient at Reading text, Document use, Numeracy.
- Good Written and Oral communication.
- Ability to work as a team/independent.
- Ability to work in a safe and orderly manner.
Responsibility and Scope
- Supervisor of others - None
- Internal Contacts - All plant departments
- External Contacts - None
- Spending Authority - None
- Decision Making Authority - Within own job
- Amount of Direction Received - General direction & instruction given